Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

"Morning Has Spoken"

Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

Psalm 139:7-8

I awakened at 4:30am.
Remembering where I was,
quietly I walked to the sliding glass door in my room and slid it open...

The lanai....was small...yet gently offered a view of the ocean and lush grounds...
The serene sound of the ocean crashing against the shore filled my mind and soul
with the presence of Gods' peace...

I lifted my eyes upward toward
the black expanse of the endless night sky...
Tiny stars falling out in a pattern of mesmerizing beauty.

As I stood before the heavens,..thousands of miles from the place I call home...
I could see.............
I could breathe
I was in the moment..

Recognizing that where I was
at that moment in time...
truly is considered one of the most beautiful places on earth.

But I believe,..........
we can find beauty where we are....no matter the surroundings.
Too many times we look at life with a sense of....

Well if only, I had this or that, then I would be...

God has created each of us for a purpose...
a higher purpose...it doesn't matter if we are on an island in the Pacific
or if we are in a small apartment in the city.
We will miss the purpose to which we were called
if we aren't deliberate in our actions to thank Him for every moment.

I hope that you will agree with me on these things..

This week I will live intentional.
I will say what I mean and say it in love.
I will forgive those who come at me in anger or in haste and instead of fussing
behind their back,
I will offer a prayer for them instead and plead with God to change me towards His way.

I recognize that when I choose to live this way.
God will honor me with inner peace of a life well lived.

And finally, I will recognize that all of these good things shall never be....
that which grants me entrance into His kingdom.
The atoning blood of Jesus alone...and my acceptance of His entrance into my heart as Lord.....
shall be the vessel of my salvation.

This is my moment of beauty...
This is your moment too...

This is the moment....when the maker of the starry skies
finds us staring deeply into the night, of our life
awaiting..and remembering...that HE IS....

Morning truly has spoken...
How will you answer....

                                           ''If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
                       if I settle on the far side of the sea,
                                    even there your hand will guide me, 

                       your right hand will hold me fast.''

                                             Psalm 139:9-10

2 comments:

  1. God uses your words to encourage and minister to others Sally, to point us back to Jesus!
    Hugs!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.