Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

''These Three Things''

When you only have a few minutes, what do you take time to do??


Make a quick call
Read an article
Grab a bite to eat
Text a friend
Or if you are a mom,
you use the bathroom, 'all by yourself',
and consider it a treat!!
Men often find themselves on a golf course.

I am sure your list may consider other options,
but I think all of these activities tell me something about ourselves..

We each have a built-in need to be alone in silence at times
and we each have the need to reach out to someone.
We long to be ackowledged...and to be filled...

It is so important to be balanced and recognize this space within each of us.

Unfortunately, our moments alone are often filled....
with a frenzied anticipation of what is next on our list.
We lose the moment...by not living in the moment.

I am as guilty as the next person.
The last few weeks have been busy, busy, busy...

There are a few things in my life that really center me and bring me to my place of peace...
Writing, praying and singing praise...
are my little slices of life,...that calm me in a way that nothing else can..

The most interesting thing about these three, are that they all....
center around the God who made me.
I have often heard people say God has created us with
a ''God sized hole that only He can fill''...

When I willingly allow my alone time to be a a time of reflection..
I find peace in the silence and I find myself reaching to Him.
He fills our heart as only He can...

Nothing can ever take His place
And nothing can take away the frenzied anticipation of tomorrow
until we center ourselves on the One who gave us breath.....
 
The Lord your God is with you (your name here),
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you (your name here);
    in His love He will no longer rebuke you (your name here),
    but will rejoice over you (your name is here) with singing.”

Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.