Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"The Little Journey"


It has been amazing to watch and simply experience how 
God is so personal.

As our precious kitty processed a lengthy illness, we peered closely into her world.
She would rest peacefully at times, never once worrying.
We worried at times but would constantly remind ourselves that no matter what happened, we would try to simply lean into Him.

As she drew closer to eternity, we were comforted with answers to our prayers with signs and wonders.

This is a story that just might change things for you.

During our early morning quiet time, I was talking with my husband. We were remembering the story in the scripture of the sparrows...
and how He always knows about each one, that falls from the sky. (Matthew 10:29)
Not even a moment is lost on Him.
I was comforted knowing this scripture isn't necessarily about sparrows alone, but instead it is beautifully significant toward all of His creation.

For all that HE creates, is indeed "created!!!"
Can you ever really uncreate something once it has existed?
I think not.
"For when he spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command" Psalm 33:9

The Master's touch spans eternity in all directions. 
Once created, nothing ever really, ceases to exist.

Later in the morning, I walked through our yard and for the first time ever, since we lived here, I find a bluejay's solitary blue feather laying in the freshly cut green grass.
I notice the beauty, but somehow haven't really 
seen with my heart.
I continue on...

A few moments after that at just the right moment, I come across a photo of a wispy white feather, in an article about
how angels are sent with messages of comfort in many different ways. 
The point was to pay attention as God ultimately is the One sending them and not to miss the message.
Within the writing itself is a reference to "feathers" and the significance of finding one. The article says it is a sign from God, a sure sign of His faithfulness; His protection.

"He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection." Psalm 91:4

I wonder....

I sense His calm and reassuring presence. And I know I need to go back in our yard.
I need to find the feather!
I feel the urgency, 
for now I can see with the eyes of my heart, 
I suddenly realize, angels have been sent to do His bidding, to answer my prayers for comfort.
I am amazed.
I can hear the message of the angels sung throughout the scripture...
While always giving glory to Him and never to themselves; 'they have led me back to Him'!!!
The truth that every sparrow  and every living creature that has ever lived, whether it be a kitty, a dog or a sparrow,
faces this certain beautiful truth.

And the truth is this; 
Not one life ever passes though eternity without His ushering and without His gentle nod of sweet awareness.
This brings me peace.

The fact that He sees ALL who pass through this beautiful prism of time in which we now live,
(Regardless, of which form of life we take)
is blessed relief when our hearts are burdened.
His creatures are ultimately His for safekeeping.
I am thankful He has shared them with us.

He sees.
He knows.
He loves.
And He comforts.

It is often with tears that we bury our beloved pets, and that is the place where we found ourselves on an unseasonably cool day in August.

As my husband found a box, he found it interesting that the box had the words 'the little journey' written across it.
I could only shake my head as tears fell.
A sense of comfort prevailed over our loss.

We bowed our hearts and prayed yet again to the God of all comfort.

At this point, as in any well written story, the finale was unexpected and filled with the amazing and the spectacular.

It is here, when the moment of all moments happened just beyond where we were standing.
My husband, the analytical one.
looks behind us into the sky and just above the trees he sees this.

A white feather is unbelievably floating through the sky, 'wisping' this way and that!
It feels like the scene from a familiar movie.
We stand silently.
We stand mesmerized.

We are in one sense, astonished and yet, not surprised at all as the corners of our mouths turn upward in amazement as we watch this incredibly placed feather now somehow still visible to us in the distance, float peacefully upward and out of sight.

This, my friends is a story for us all.
His never forgotten fallen sparrow,
His creation named CJ. is truly on her little journey..

This is especially a story of how deeply "we" are loved by our heavenly Father and how He answers prayer and shows up at just the right moment when we cry out to Him and seek Him.
(Read Jeremiah 29:11-14a)

His faithfulness settles into my tired heart.
He is, the Great I Am.
His Spirit is alive and well.
Very present
Very connected.

We need only to search for Him with all our heart.

His Spirit blows silently through the sheltering trees.
Through our prayers, 
His Spirit is continually summoned 
for me 
for you....
and for them.
His angels are released 
to faithfully attend to us.
And His Spirit rests 
upon all of His creation.

As we each recall any and ALL who have gone before us, 
may we rest and be comforted in the downy feathers of His protection simply knowing, that all He has given, will be given yet again when we reach the shores of eternity.

Until that time, journey on with the One who knows the Way.

That is really all we knew how to do.
As we watched the details of this unfold, we also understood how easily we could have missed it all, if we hadn't chosen to lean into Him, in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.