Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2013

""I Found Her Limping"


I found her limping and walking aimlessly along a road
in a cold spring downpour...
not far from one of the busiest roads in a neighboring town.

My heart  melted.  I stopped and called for her..she hobbled gently to my car and and after very little coaxing, jumped onto the back seat,.....immediately she shook her soaking wet black fur and gave me a cold, quick shower too....

I noticed a collar with no tags.
I prayed silently that she would be chipped.....she wasn't.......I am still praying that her owners are missing her enough to engage an all-out search for this precious member of the family...She has been treated well and loved on, you could just tell..She is now with a dear friend, at her home home and shelter....She is hoping the owners find her.

I left information at the county shelters with her description....so we shall see...

I knew immediately, my plans for the day had changed.
My 'to do' list had been rearranged with a quick decision to help her.

Sometimes, life is like that, we make plans, but God has other ideas.
I ended up spending several hours with this little gal, and her big deep brown eyes were all the thanks I needed....

I didn't get the laundry done..
but God used me, because I was simply willing.....
and here is the beauty of it all
two lives for sure, were changed for the better...hers and mine..
(and probably more, as her story unfolds)

The next time ''your plans'' go awry,
stop for a moment and ask your heavenly Father...
to lead you in the path that will most closely resemble Him..

Sure, the laundry needs washed...(still)
And now,... the car needs a good cleaning too....

But, my soul...... 
is refreshed,.... and so will yours be,....
when you step back, and allow Him to work your 'plan'.. 

Get out of the way,....this day...and watch the excitement unfold... 
Sometimes, life is like that, we make plans, but God has other ideas.
And He always knows best!!!

We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.
PROVERBS 16:9 


2 comments:

  1. Chilli has now been reunited with her Dad who called last Friday....He was ever so thankful and she was thrilled...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally. I'm glad you found her daddy. I was going to say, if anything happens to our older dog Clifford we might have a place for her. But, I'm glad you found her family.
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.