Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"Broken and Longing for Peace"

Recently, a precious friend challenged me to think deeper.
I had responded with a scripture to another in a public forum.
It was a controversial issue.
Initially, I was trying to avoid argument. I strive so hard to love in truth.
But the question remained.
What does that verse mean?
It deserved an answer.

The issue of abortion always needs bathed in healing love.
How I wish..this did not exist. 
But it does. We are broken people living in a broken world.
But, we shall never live without hope.

Here is my response, and I am praying healing for ALL who come across these words.

This is what I wrote regarding Matthew 5:6, when Jesus spoke His Sermon on the Mount.

My dear friend,
I wasn't completely certain, where that verse came from. (It came unbidden more than once)
But, I knew it was Him..and now, it is becoming clearer.
I believe, it was to bring healing.

I've been thinking over the last 24 hours, on the verse, God gave.. why that verse?? 

I think, and I definitely know that I am full of regrets in my own life and a ton of 'if only's' relentlessly pursue me at times.

But, here it is.
No matter who you are or what you have been through, but some here, (not you or anyone at all in particular have had abortions, though I am sure someone will be led to this) live with that awful pain every day.
They are looking and searching desperately for peace.
I have seen the tears falling, the lowered heads, the 'if only' that will not go away.

I think maybe, just maybe that's why..
That verse was brought to mind, to bring hope to the brokenhearted.
There IS hope..they can live a renewed life.
It is not too late to awaken to a new day and be filled.
To finally be filled with His peace, one life giving drop at a time.

I think the key must be in this verse.
If you decide today that your hunger and thirst will ONLY be filled by Him, then that is the beginning of hope.

It is tempting to try and fill those awful voids, with all but Him.
But, if you begin today, to say,  
Jesus, please show me how, 
fill me up, like never before.
I am so tired of this ache.

You will be filled.

To become 'filled', begins one step, one tiny drop at a time, when you allow Him to begin the process. 

Rest assured.
He is taking care of your 'wee one.'

Until that day, when you see them again. 
"Hunger and thirst after righteousness and you shall be filled"

Anyway, after some soul searching, I understand better.
I long to reach out to 'anyone' who may see these words from Matthew 5:6

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled"

You are loved.
You are LOVED.
And you "will be blessed"

https://youtu.be/bbFCp6eh_60


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.