Search This Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2017

"The Battlelines Are Drawn"

'We bow down, we lay our crowns at the feet of Jesus'...
I can hear the tune playing in my mind. I sometimes have wondered what it meant to lay our crowns at His feet. Tonight it is abundantly clear...

When the phone call came. I was stricken by the suddenness of the news. A friend rushed to the hospital, very ill, very sudden.  
We are gathering for prayer tonight. It is all we know to really do. It is the only gift we can offer. 
And, it is everything.

The scriptures in Ephesians tell us, there is a battle waging in the heavenly realms.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s 'schemes' ".
The word 'schemes' is translated methodia'-which means the 'pursuing of an orderly or technical procedure in the handling of a subject)

"For our struggle (wrestling or hand to hand combat) is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

We are in the battle.
We are not alone. 
We are instructed right at the beginning of this passage as where to take our stance in the battle...look again..
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 
That must be our first move!
Choose His strength.

As we read on.. 
We are reminded to be prepared!
All soldiers are trained to receive instructions and to carry on, without question.

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  
                           Stand firm then,
                           with the belt of truth buckled around your waist,
                           with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and
                           with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the                            gospel of peace.  

In addition to all this,
take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows  of the evil one.   
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." 

So let's get ready to rumble!
We are in a battle, we cannot control.
Instead we follow a fearless leader, 
HE!!! has the battle plans drawn..
HE!!! has given us our instructions.
We will execute them.

 "Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."

He has come to set us free. He has placed in this world.
There is a battle waging...
We will not go into this battle wearing a crown. It will only get in the way...

We lay down our crowns (ANYTHING that we have ever held confidence in) and give full confidence instead to the One who can save our soul.

Zechariah 4:6
‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty

I will take my stance in the Lord, bowing before Him the Lord of Hosts,..
It really is all I know to do.
And, it is the only gift I can offer.

And, it is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.