Search This Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2017

"A Mother's Day Tribute Letter"------------------------------

Dear Friends,

I heard a new phrase this week as I read someone's blog on motherhood.
"Non- mom...."

Women without children.
Hmmmmm.....

Of course, Mother's Day is a time to recognize mothers everywhere.

Selfless devotion, undying love, and fierce protectors are just a few of the phrases that come to mind when I think of my own mother as well as many women that I know.

A sincere appreciation and a thankful love is what I hope to reflect back to all mothers everywhere.

I also hope this post will prove to be a genuine tribute to all women everywhere....

As a woman without biological children, I have been privileged to share in the raising of my nieces and a nephew or two.
I've shared in changing diapers, wiping little faces, kissing bruised knees as well as watching them grow into young ladies and fine young men.
I've had heart to heart conversations and thanked my sister in law countless times for allowing me these moments without feeling the least bit threatened when they would rather rake leaves and do dishes at our house, than their own.  
Trying new foods and wearing their seat belts is just two of the many things they tease me about today. 
They especially like it when I show them how cool I really am, with my agile use of current slang.
Now picture this hip 50 'something' year old bumping my fist 
against yours!!!
"Boom, that's what I'm talking about!"

Truly, they keep us as young as we keep them amused!!

In spite of my attempt at  humor I will forever be grateful for love.
For indeed, love is what has brought me to this moment.

A couple of my nieces still, even regularly, come to me with deeper conversations about their lives and their life at home.

In fact, once, I was 3000 miles from home, and I received my first message of one particular Mother's Day.
It was from one of my nieces. She warmed my heart, as I once again felt remembered as her 'mommy Sally'
Her message of love and appreciation was wrapped in a text message, sent to arrive just after midnight. And my eyes filled with tears.

So, as the day unfolds... remember
It is "love" that crests upon the edge of a full heart 
that creates motherhood.

I truly believe there is no such thing as a 'non-mom', when love is just bursting inside of you.

Allow your love to wash over the edges of your heart to others within your reach.....
regardless of who you are....

You too, will discover fulfillment, regardless of whether your love was born from your womb or from a heart cresting in love.

Happy Mother's Day to each one, including you.

Love,
Sally Ann

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God"
I John 4:7

Application: Is there someone who needs your love? Give it freely.

Remember:
It is the love that crests upon the edge of a full heart that creates the truest sense of motherhood, regardless of who you are.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.