Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"Made to Love"

"Made to Love"


I remember a warm summers night in 2009.
It was June 30th. Bob saw you first. You were darting in and out of traffic at a 12 lane intersection. My heart immediately wanted to rescue you.
We stopped the car twice. Calling for you to come.
Finally you did. 
We lifted your 20 lb. little frame into the back of our car and into my heart.
I had no idea the great rescue that was truly happening.

I remember telling our family and friends that we were looking for a home for you.
I told them we were cat people.

My wise and young sage of a niece simply said, "Aunt Sally, everyone's a dog person, they just don't know it'!

It has been 7 years since the 'rescue' and about 7 million pictures later.
Because of you, we have met more people than I ever dreamt possible, my little 45 lb people dog. Because of you, I have some of my best friends ever.
Because of you I realized, that yes...we are cat people and Yes, we are dog people.

But, more than anything, we are a 'grateful people' who have been blessed beyond, with unconditional love from Father's furry little creation, designed for man.
We were created to care for you and we are so blessed to do so.

A great rescue of hearts occurred in a moments notice,
Unconditional love, scooted into my heart.
And I will ever be thankful.

Application: 
When is the last time, love took you by surprise?
Have you thanked your Father for these special gifts?
Name them one by one. Commit to spend devoted time, love and attention to each one.

Remember: James 1:17
"Every good and perfect gift is from above,coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Father, Your mercies are new every morning. Your gifts are endless. May I ever be thankful to live with a grateful heart.
And may I especially be thankful for You and the gift of eternity. 

May I love those around me, more deeply. For truly-you have made us to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.