Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"The Finish Line"

Psalm 94:19
"When anxiety was great within me,
    your consolation brought me joy."

I think most would settle for a moment of peace about now...

After the events that have unfolded in the last day...here in the United States, many are feeling vulnerable, reminiscent , angry and scared....
People descended upon the Boston Marathon by the 100's of thousands.
The Marathon wonderfully represents people from almost every country on earth.

The marathon represents me...
in this way....
It reminds me,...
that with effort and determination anything is possible,
and the impossible??, --Only for those who are willing to accept it.!!

As I heard the news pouring in...a disbelief swept over me, with the realization that any moment of life can be altered.

It is by the grace of God (who allows freewill), that many escaped a tragedy meant for thousands..
It is by the grace of God and that same freewill, that many ran ...TO...help.
It is by the grace of God that the 78 year old man, whom I watched rush headlong toward the ground,
after the first explosion...
pull himself to his feet and cross the finish-line, finishing yet again in his 45th marathon,
so determined was he to finish what he had begun...

In the midst of this marathon, he suddenly knew,... he had to finish...
what had become the race of a lifetime..

Those who set out to kill, and destroy will someday come face to face with Gods' grace and judgement,
and at His feet they will fall prostrate begging (as we all shall).... but first they must meet our country's justice system.
In these truths I lay down my anger.

In my fear, which can wrack my being when I hold tightly to this life, I remember...
He is as close as a whisper in the night....and is a steady voice in this wilderness....
constantly reassuring me, when I can no longer find a way..
It is in this truth, I lay down my fear..

 "The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" -Philippians 4

Each of us...
Are in the race of a lifetime...regardless of which country we call home.
For 'without Gods' grace'....we are surely a lost people.

Lost in our anger,
Lost in our fear
And utterly vulnerable to those who seek to destroy... 

'With His Grace', we seek and find shelter under His mighty wing...
"Dear friends, don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that. Luke 12:4
It is in this truth, that I lay down my vulnerability...


We have been made for eternity...Your consolation is mine Lord...Thank-you....


There is no such thing as settling for peace,.... for when you whisper His name, and cry at His feet....
His peace will bring you through the darkness night and His joy will come in the morning...
The race will be won and you will find, you have crossed the finish line..yet again..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.