Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2016

"Still...I Will"

"STILL, I WILL"

I am thankful that still.....

Still, I can walk the streets in freedom.
Still, I worship freely and sometimes in wild abandon.
Still, I can bow my head in public.
and never fear to close my eyes.
Still, I can go to the polling booths
and select my choice for president.
Still, I can speak my mind.

Our freedoms have not come easily,
they have come with a price.

And I find, I must ask myself this question.
"Am I living with a grateful heart??"

How many times over have I grieved my great and mighty God
with my unthankful heart??

I realize, when so much has been given,
then much thankfulness will always be required.

Others have done their part
selflessly and without pause.

Now.
Today.
And.
Still.

I will yet do mine.

Still..I will walk the streets in freedom
and I will say 'thank you' to one who has served..
Still...I will dedicated myself  to worship freely and in heartfelt abandon the very God
Who was with me, when I was conceived in my mothers' womb..
Still...I will pray reverently to the God of my youth..
To the God of my aging years..
Still...I will remember to gain knowledge
and measure my knowledge against my core values..
when I go to the polling booths for mid/term and presidential elections...
I will not vote on party lines.
Instead, I will yet still
remember.
that my right to vote came at a deadly cost..
A cost I must not ignore.
I will look deeply at each person who seeks to represent me
And I will hold them accountable..

Still, I will speak my mind.

Now.
Today.
And.
Still.
I will rise in thankfulness to ALL who have gone before.

"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends."
John 15:13
-Jesus

Choose with me this day, to live a life worthy of our calling...

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.