Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2016

"Chuckles From Heaven" 222222222222222222222

He spelled her mother's maiden name wrong.
As we read the obituary for his wife, we could see the misspelling.
It was understandable, considering the situation.
Filled with grief, he had chosen the very best photo. A snapshot from a much happier, healthier time.
His words were crafted to reflect a life well lived.
But the spelling, yes...there was that, in an otherwise perfect obituary.
A glaring omission of his in-laws actual family name. 
And someone was angry.
Oh, how little they understood.
It was all he could do to bury his wife.
I shook my head.
Sometimes, a little grace is just what we need.

And then came the second announcement, with an invitation to a carefully and lovingly planned memorial by another family member who loved her dearly.
Another misspelled name.
Only this time her last name was in the hot seat.
It wasn't far off, but it was off.
It was Facebook, so with a quick edit; it was fixed.

I smiled to myself, as I remembered who she was.
And I wondered if she was chuckling in heaven.
Knowing my cousin the way she was, reminded me to not get caught up in the small stuff.
She loved to laugh. She loved a good joke.
She would have loved every bit of this extra attention.
Then, she would have gracefully moved on. 
In fact, she has!
Because, she had given her heart to her heavenly Father;
she is now a new creature 
in Christ.

I thought about the things of this life that we worry over. Moments on this side of the veil that cannot survive without grace.

I am not sure what one can see or not see from heaven. But, I do know if we spend our time consumed with the unnecessary, we will never truly have time to peer into the eternal.

I am certain that heaven is a place of joy and laughter....
and yes...chuckles.

A place where eternity is all that matters and grace is a flowing stream, in which we all can dip our feet.

Application: 
What is grace?
Go ahead, do a little homework.
Look it up on google.
Or find it in the dictionary.
(interestingly, the first word I see is elegance)

When is the last time you offered grace to someone?

How do you feel when you receive grace?
Humbled?

Let us go and do likewise...
peer into the eternal....offer grace while you still can.

2 Corinthians 12:9 
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell me how you are, I would love to hear from you.